The main stakeholders of the online gaming sector in Spain gathered on Tuesday night at the VII Edition of the Jdigital Awards, organized by the Spanish Association of Digital Gaming and held within the framework of the SBC Summit Barcelona fair, at Terraza Miramar.
Jorge Hinojosa, Jdigital’s CEO, said: “It fills us with joy to meet again, two years after our prior edition, to give the most influential people and entities of our sector the recognition they deserve, especially in the current situation.”
“It is very important for us to continue organizing these events, which allow us to continue promoting a culture of safe and responsible gaming and to highlight the commitment and constant efforts of the sector in this direction,” he added, according to a press release.
The event’s organizers pointed out that, in this year’s edition, the Jdigital Awards were divided into 10 categories, whose winners were chosen by a jury of three specialists. The winners were:
- Best marketing campaign/online advertising/TV commercial: LUCKIA, for “its campaign ‘Everyday Bets’, for the mix of originality and education they promoted regarding the way the industry works.”
- Best website/betting/poker information affiliate: CASAS DE APUESTAS, “for its continued work in providing the quantity and quality of customers and players to online betting and gaming operators in Spain.”
- Best specialized media: SECTOR DEL JUEGO, for its “outstanding activity in its different communication channels, being coherent and honest in the dissemination of news and always in favor of improving the public image of the industry.”
- Best initiative for the promotion of the gaming activity: SPANISH CELEBRITIES by MGA, “for being a product that has strongly bet on Spanish figures and a ‘bar machine’ aesthetics. In a market highly influenced by international gaming producers, the firm has managed to have a solid and differential product line, shown in the deployment of this product among all national operators.”
- Best Service Provider: CUATRECASAS, “for its work in the outcome of the Commercial Communications RD appeal and its impact.”
- Best technology provider/platform: OPTIMOVE, for “the effort to evolve and include improvements adapted to the market, such as artificial intelligence, while contributing to improving the profitability of its customers.”
- Best product: GNOMOS, of MGA, “for its contribution to the dynamization and innovation of the industry with the development of many products.”
- Best Responsible Gaming Initiative: FEJAR, “for its ability to engage in dialogue and its collaboration with the industry to promote responsible attitudes towards online gaming.”
- Outstanding figure in the industry: CRISTINA GARCÍA, “for her long career and commitment to improving conditions in the industry and, in particular, to improving the social perception of the industry through the FES Project.”
- Best operator in the Spanish market: LUCKIA, “for the attractive design of its website, its wide range of games and sports betting, and its careful customer service.”
The event’s organizers pointed out that the Jdigital Awards were sponsored by the companies MGA and PayPal. Moreover, Casino.es, Codere, Luckia, Sportium, and Triple Cherry participated as collaborators.
In addition, the organizers said that “since its first edition in 2014, the Jdigital Awards -known as eGaming Awards until now- has represented a must-attend event for the online gaming industry in the country, where the best companies, initiatives, figures, and media gather to receive the iconic golden duck that reflects the ludic character of the sector.”
Finally, they pointed out that the awards gala, which was presented by the communicator and comedian Enric Company, was attended by Kissy Chandiramani, Counselor of Finance, Economy and Public Function of the Autonomous City of Ceuta. This jurisdiction, the organizers emphasized, “is consolidating its position as a hub for online gaming in Southern Europe.”
It should be noted that the current edition of SBC Summit Barcelona 2022 began Wednesday and will run until September 22 at the Fira de Montjuïc exhibition center, located in Barcelona.