- It has the record/ replay provision to record the user interactions with the application software. You can record your keyboard entries and mouse clicks of application GUI. QTP automatically generates the test script. You can run the test script repeatedly for regression testing of your application.
- The testing tool has a recovery manager and in case the application halts due to an error, is will automatically recover ñ this is very useful for unattended testing.
- It uses VB script as the scripting language and its syntax is very similar to visual basic, hence learning this scripting language is very easy.
- QTP provides checkpoint options.
- It provides a facility for synchronization of test cases.
- Its ‘auto documentation’ feature provides the feature of creating test documentation.
- Test report data is stored in documented XML format. This facilitates transferring the report data to another third party tool.
- It supports Unicode and hence you can test applications written for any of the world languages.
- Using special add-in modules, you can use QTP for testing a variety of applications such as:
- ERP/ CRM packages
- .NET web forms, win forms, .NET control
- Multimedia applications