- Open the rapid test script wizard
Choose CREATE>RAPID TEST SCRIPT WIZARD
- When you select the Rapid test script wizard It will display the welcome screen.
Click NEXT to walk through the wizard.
- When you click the next button, a dialog box will be displayed, prompting you to select the application to be tested. Press the hand button and click on the main application title bar. This will capture the title of the window and display it on the ‘window name’. Click the NEXT button.
- Select the tests to be performed by the rapid script wizard on the application.
- When you click NEXT button, it asks you whether to pause before learning the next window. To pause, check the ‘Pause to confirm for each window’ checkbox. Click NEXT to proceed.
- Win runner now prompts you to select the learning flow. By default it is set to ‘Express’ where it learns the entire application using win runner defaults. If ‘comprehensive’ is selected, then it pauses after each window allowing you to provide the learning flow information. Click learn to allow win runner learn the application.
- When you click the ‘Learn’ button, it starts learning the main window of the application and displays the lists of items it has learnt by categorizing them into ‘Objects that open a window’ and ‘Objects that don’t open a window’.
- After it learns all the windows, it asks you whether to start this application whenever you invoke win runner. Select the default option.
- All the information that win runner learns about the application is stored in a file ‘myinit’. Select the location where the file has to be stored and click next button.
- Win runner prompts you to specify the location where the GUI regression test, user interface test and the template are to be stored. Enter some names or leave the default names.
- When the rapid test script wizard successfully learns all the windows in the application, it will show the last screen.